Hanna Boys Center Development Plans for 55+ Acres to be Accessed off Carriger Road
A summary of the proposed 17501 Carriger Road Development by Hanna Boys Center (Hanna) is as follows:
- Hanna has purchased 17501 Carriger Rd, an approximately 30-acre parcel with one existing home for $3.1 million.
- Hanna has stated their motivation was to monetize 27.5 acres of Hanna land adjacent to 17501 Carriger which is currently zoned Public Facilities (PF).
- Hanna is seeking to have the supervisors of Sonoma County amend the General Plan and change the zoning of 27.5 acres from PF to Rural Residential (RR3).
- Hanna has stated they want to develop six lots in addition to the existing single family home on the 55+ acres and are willing to have the land zoned such that it will not be sub-dividable beyond the seven homes.
- Hanna wants this development to ingress and egress onto Carriger Road. They will not support any ingress/egress through existing Hanna land.
- Amending the General Plan is done four times per year and requires a vote by the five supervisors. Generally the supervisor whose district the project lies is the lead–in this case Valerie Brown.
- It is important that we make sure our supervisor, Valerie Brown –and potentially the next supervisor as she is not seeking re-election– is aware of the issue and supportive of our concerns regarding Carriger Road.
Map of the Proposed Sub-Division at 17501 Carriger Road
Here is the sub-division map as presented by Hanna, the developer.